Skip to main content

Food products

If you wish to import or export food products such as meat, dairy products or frozen food, find out more about the relevant regulations below.
All information listed here is for reference only, and may not be fully complete.
Importer ou exporter des denrées périssables de/vers aéroport de La Réunion

Regulations and certifications

Importing or exporting food products requires compliance with all rules set by the destination country or territory.
As regards the importation of food products from a third country into Reunion, it is necessary that the country concerned features on the list of countries authorised to import the type of product in question.
To check the list of authorised countries, the types of food products that can be imported and the regulations required for each type of food product, please visit the website of the Department for Food, Agriculture and Forestry.

Direction de l'Alimentation de l'Agriculture et de la Forêt

For the export of food products, sanitary and veterinary conditions are defined by the destination country or territory.
For information on rules concerning the countries of destination and the sanitary conditions required, please visit the website of the Department for Food, Agriculture and Forestry.

Direction de l'alimentation de l'Agriculture et de la Forêt

Read more


The storage facilities at the freight terminal boast a storage capacity of 2,600m³ and several cold rooms with temperatures between 2° and 6° to preserve freshness, as well as a negative cold room of 90m².
Read more

Transit companies

Whether you’re looking for assistance concerning administrative procedures or someone to organise the shipping and reception of your household possessions in complete safety, simply check out the list of companies below. You can add filters to your search based on your needs here.

Annuaire des acteurs 

Read more

Unauthorised products

The conditions for introducing or exporting food products depend mainly on the list of authorised countries. Contact your forwarding agent or the DAAF services to find out the regulations of the country concerned and of Reunion Island.
Read more

Transport conditions

Perishable goods must be transported at the necessary controlled temperatures. You will need to ensure a cold chain to make sure your goods remain fresh from the point of departure until their arrival.
Your freight forwarder will be able to provide you with information on the type of container and the transport conditions required for your needs.
Read more

Administrative and tax formalities

In certain situations, the import or export of food products will requires a health certificate and checks at the border inspection post (BIP).
For all imports, a health certificate will be required for the following types of food products:
  • Hooved livestock
  • Poultry
  • Rabbit & Hare
  • Meat-based products
  • Fish products
  • Bivalve seafood
  • Dairy products
  • Eggs and egg-based products
  • Honey
  • Gelatine and collagen
  • Intestines
  • Fruit and vegetables, vegetable products
  • Compound products
  • Novel foodstuffs (grubs, wasp larvae, etc.)
What is the health certificate?
The health certificate is an official document that is issued by the services of the Department for Food, Agriculture and Forestry (DAAF) following examination of the products.
What is it for?
It certifies that all shipments meet the phytosanitary requirements of the importing or exporting countries, i.e. that they are free from pests and diseases.


Read more

Delivery times, pricing and online quotes

Fragile goods such as food products require a fast supply chain of between 24 and 48 hours.
To find out about our rates for in-store processing of your shipments, simply contact us for a quote.


Read more
Quote request